Are you familiar with the term “kerning”?  It has to do with the amount of empty space between letters in a typeface.  I like the font I currenly use, but in certain cases some of the letters are too close together.  One such case occurs in the name “Clint”.  I’ve found that if I don’t increase the kerning for that one word, it’s big problem.